This is a repeat recipe because I am making them this morning and pancakes just seem like a pre-fall sort of delicious breakfast. Gluten free pancakes! After many, many attempts, the best gluten-soy-dairy free pancakes have emerged from our Spearfish kitchen. Using coconut flour really makes a difference, as the little cakes are fluffier. There is no hint of coconut flavor.
Here's the skinny:
Start with the Gluten free flour mix here pour a steaming, hot cup of rich coffee and do this:
1. Sift gluten free flour mix before measuring 1 cup of the mix and ½ cup coconut flour
2. Then re-sift with 1 TSP salt, 3 TBL sugar and 1-1/4 TSP baking powder
3. In a separate bowl, slightly beat 2 room temp eggs with 3 TBL melted coconut oil (make sure it's cool), 1-3/4 cup rice milk (not too cold - better room temp)
4. Then mix the liquid into the dry ingredients with a whisk.
5. Use coconut oil to grease a frying pan or griddle between batches and make sure it's hot (a few drops of water dance on the surface = ready). Use an 1/8 cup measuring cup to make small, 3-inch cakes. Watch the heat - I usually flux between medium high (to start) to medium on my electric stove.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for oh so yummy pancakes.
I typically make two batches so I can freeze some for breakfasts during the week. They freeze great -- just lay them on parchment paper individually in the freezer.