Thursday, November 27, 2008

What's left over from the $25 a week challenge?


After seven days of eating on $25, this is what I had left over:

- 4 baked potatoes
- 1 pork ramin
- 1 very ripe banana
- about 1 cup of cooked carrots
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 bag dry black beans
- handful chicken bullion cubes
- 1/3 bag white rice
- 1/3 bag dry lentils
- handful fresh spinach
- about a cup of cooked lentils
- about 1/2 cup cooked pasta with red sauce
- about one serving dry pasta
- 1/2 can coffee
- about a cup of cooked mixed beans and pasta
That seems like a lot, doesn't it?
So I went ahead and froze the carrots, banana, cooked beans, pasta and rice. So I am thinking I should start with this stuff for a January challenge. Hmmmm...
I just read "If you feel comfortable with where you are at (in anything -- life, job, fitness etc) you are not learning and growing." Learning and growing. It's what it's all about!

















No comments: