Friday, March 20, 2009

The White House Garden

The Obama's will have over 55 types of vegetables growing on the grounds of the White House! Again, I applaud First Lady Michelle in making this happen. I can't wait to see the full list. They are even going to have an on-site bee keeper!

The story is in the New York Times. People will be watching this. Will this encourage people to plant gardens of their own? Or buy local produce? Or eat at home? Or just eat better? This is one experiment I am excited to watch.


1 comment:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog. It is a treat to find another local, for sure. There are probably more of us blogging than I ever would have guessed. Looks like you have an interesting one here--I look forward to reading more.

Happy spring!