Friday, June 10, 2011

The garden is planted!  And really it's the expanded garden.  Each year, I convince Mike that we need a BIGGER garden.  He's not always so convinced but he's a good sport.  This year, we added another 10 x 20 section to the sun garden.  Look towards the back and you will see mint, tarragon, oregano, sage and a bench.  When we first moved to the Black Hills, I thought that since it snowed, anything I planted in the ground would of course die because of the snow.  Obviously, I have never lived in a place where it snows!  Anywho, the mint didn't die and has thus multiplied.  It's sooo pretty though and smells heavenly.  Last year I dried a ton of it and made tea bags.  Just mint leaves are do good as a tea.  Again, this year I planted more lemon verbena which is amazing herb that every garden should have.  It smells like a lemon drop!  It doesn't make it through our winter but it's so worth it to plant every year.  I buy mine at Gage's on Evan's Lane in Spearfish.

No comments: